ARE YOU STUCK OUTSIDE THE COMMUNICATION ZONE?
- Have you found yourself in conflict with the same people over and over?
- Do you feel misunderstood, no matter how hard you try, you can’t seem to feel heard?
- Do you feel you are unable to ask for or receive help?
- Do you feel left on the outside or uninvolved?
- When you assert yourself are you seen as too bossy?
- When you make suggestions, do people not act on them?
- As a professional do you face helping your clients with these dilemmas? What if you had a tool in your toolkit that could share with them and help you?
- Do you feel dissatisfied with some of the roles you are in?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, you may be stuck outside The Communication Zone.
You are not alone.
According to recent studies from a variety of sources...
- 49% of workplace conflict happens as a result of personality clashes and egos
- Employees in United States companies spend approximately 2.8 hours each week involved in conflict. This amounts to around $359 billion in hours paid that are filled with – and focused on – conflict instead of on positive productivity
- 60% of employees never received basic conflict management classes or training for conflict resolution in the workplace. Of those who did, 95% state that the training helped them navigate workplace conflict positively and seek mutually beneficial outcomes
- 68% of relationship conflict is about perpetual problems. All relationships have them. These problems are grounded in the fundamental differences that any two people face. They are either fundamental differences in your personalities that repeatedly create conflict or fundamental differences in your lifestyle needs.
So, where do you go from here?
We look at Interaction Styles, of course! Interaction Styles provides a usable and impactful language for addressing communication challenges before or after they arise. Applying Interaction Styles can vastly improve your relationships. The Interaction Styles lens is usually the most visible personality lens and is often easy to recognize. It gives us information about our preferred energy pattern and how we are naturally inclined to communicate. Our styles of interacting inform how we try to influence others and relate to them and it can even determine whether we listen to someone or not. Simply understanding Interaction Styles can shed light on human complexity and helps to see different ways of communicating.
If you want help getting unstuck and moving into a productive Communication Zone, consider joining our cohort-based, experiential learning community for the next Interaction Styles Certification which begins Friday, October 29, 2021
This live, online Certification program is for professional practitioners and life long learners who want to…
- Become a part of a growing, empowering and active community that strives for greater understanding and increased awareness
- Have a tool and framework to help clients identify, realign, and manage their sources of energy as well as stress when interacting with others
- Provide practices for their clients for engaging others, improving relationships and dealing with conflict
- Learn more about personality type using the practical InterStrength Interaction Styles™ Lens
- Get a firm grounding in how to use the InterStrength CORE™ Approach to foster personal and interpersonal development using the Interaction Styles model
- Have a new tool in their toolkit that links to the 16 Jungian based Personality Types
- Have their knowledge and skill level recognized through Certification
- Join a community of practitioners who are dedicated to self-development as well as providing excellence to their clients
Attendance in the course is limited to 18 people to ensure a learning environment with more interaction and personal attention. We will be following best practices for transforming classroom programs into a positive, online learning environment. There will be group activities, intersession assignments, and application work as well.
What you get:
- A powerful learning experience
- Knowledge, resources, and capacity to create a variety of development experiences
- An actionable coaching framework to use with your clients
- 4 booklets from the
Understanding Yourself and Others Series authored or co-authored by Dr. Berens
- 5 different practical job aids
- Worksheets and handouts
- The Guide for Facilitating Self-Discovery Process (Interaction Styles version) with scripted lesson plans and applications activities
- PowerPoint files you can customize to fit into your work
- 2 hours (or more) individual time with Dr. Berens (greater than $500 value), plus 4 more hours of caring feedback from Linda on your work
- And after completion of assessments, you will be InterStrength Interaction Styles™ Certified
- Plus if you complete the InterStrength Essential Motivators™ and InterStrength Cognitive Dynamics™ certification courses, you will eligible to apply for InterStrength CORE™ Certification
In addition you will receive free membership in the private InterStrength online-community where we foster peer-to-peer learning. In a private circle for your course cohort, you can ask questions, share insights, and have insightful discussions with your learning cohort. You will have unlimited access to the cohort circle for as long as we are using that platform.
Upon completion of the course sessions, you will also be invited to join the larger certified community in the Network+ Circle where you will continue to share with a broader group and...
- Receive the latest thoughts and insights from the desk of Linda Berens
- Share insights and examples organized by each of the InterStrength lenses
- Get access to articles and resources to enhance your learning
- Ask questions and hear the thoughts of your peers and mentors
- Reply and comment on articles and posts
We'd love to have you join us!